Tattoo

Tattoo

Monday, June 25, 2012

The Vacation of my life!

So I have been home for a week and a bit now.  Back in my own bed and back to work. And trying very hard to get back into my routine.

I miss my friends in Ontario though. Birdman and the Mrs. The girls, TT Three fingers and O The one eared wonder. And Blue the D.O.G! Scooter and Nana Bird. Bugsy and the Bird sisters. I miss everyone I met there.

Really. It was the best vacation I have ever had. Beautiful country, beautiful people. The wedding was totally amazing! Mrs. B was so beautiful it took my breath away. And I have never seen Birdman so happy. I'm surprised he didn't break his face from smiling so much. He looked pretty good too.

But then, I think we all looked good. I do admit, the shoes were HIGHLY uncomfortable. I was never so happy to slide my feet into my sandals.

I think one of my most favourite people I met was Nana Bird. She stole my heart the first day I met her.  I ended up staying with her for a few days after the wedding. I felt as comfortable there as I would my own Mom's house. And she treated me like I was one of her own. We talked a lot and laughed a lot. I know now why Birdman loves his Mom so much. Really. How could you not love that smile? Her heart is 3 times the size she is.

And the girls! Oh my God the girls! Two of the most polite and nicest kids I have ever met! Funny and smart and talented! But don't EVER drop an "F" bomb around them. I ended up having to buy them ice cream AND slushies. I think I owe them ice cream the next time I come down.

Melvin had a total blast! I think more people knew him from sneaking into bed with Mrs.Birdman then from his facebook page. We have decided that Ontario was his bi-curious time. He came with "K" and I to Church Street and ended up getting into all kinds of situations. There was the spanking in front of Woody's

 There was the young lesbians at Zippers.....



There is a whole post on just Melvin's shenaigans and I promise I will get to the stories.


I think the best part of my holiday, besides seeing a Blue Jays game in Skydome(EEEKKKKK!!!Really!! IN Skydome!), was everyone called me Dustin. That is how I was introduced, that is what I answered to. No one blinked an eye. I was completely accpeted for me and was never questioned on my choices. And I was amazed, AMAZED how many people said they read my blog! That made me so happy! I know Birdman was worried at one point that someone may say something to me that would be hurtful. The complete opposite happened. I met so many positive people that made me feel good and made me feel comfortable.

I was even invited to have dinner with "L" and "J" and thier 6 kids. Yes. I said six. Three are hers and three were his. But they made an awesome blended family. Plus, they had awesome bbq'ed dead cow.

I ended up leaving the wedding dance a little early. Around midnight I think. (Thanks for the ride Chin!) I found that my anxiety level was rising. Not sure why. I felt comfortable and was having a good time. But then, all of a sudden, BLAM! it hit me.  It was nothing anyone said or did, it was just my own mind playing against me. I tried to fight through it. I sat outside for a while and got some air. But the feeling was just too overwhelming. Once I got back to the apartment, I calmed down and my breathing returned to normal. From the pictures that changethetopic.com posted, I missed a hell of a party. I am really hoping that by 2014, when I go back for World Pride, my anxiety will be much more under control.

So I am thinking of performing at Dawson Creek Pride this year. Maybe doing "Fat bottom girls" by Queen.

Thoughts?

Little Miss Little Miss can't be wrong.....

Dustin

4 comments:

  1. It was great to meet you Dustin and I'm glad to hear you had a great time. I'm sorry I couldn't make it to dinner atL&J 's place but I did hear something about a road trip......

    Look forward to seeing you again

    Alice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Road trips are awesome!! And I would love to show you the northern beauty I live in.

      Delete
  2. I say you should do it, but I sure hope it's lip syncing. lol I'm glad you had a great vacation, but sad that you had to leave early because of that. Stupid anxiety. There were a lot of people still looking for Melvin at the end of the night.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know. Melvin was the hit of the dance! Besides your Mom that is. Maybe I will send him back and he can have an adventure with you and the family?? LOL

      And yes. I will be lip syncing.

      Delete