Tattoo

Tattoo

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

What is on my mind?

What isn't on my mind. I'm just not sure where to start.

My cat, Duff, disappeared a week and a half ago. That is not like him at all. He always comes home and checks in with me. But nothing. Gone. No sign of him anywhere. I have checked with the neighbors. I checked with the SPCA. I posted ads on line. Nothing.

I am totally heart broken. I miss him so much! So do Bean and Fidget. I can tell. He is an awesome cat! Steel grey with yellow eyes. He likes to yoga sleep. Half upside down with his front legs over his head. Need a visual? Here you go.



He is also my sock monster. For those of you not familiar with that, I will explain. From the time I rescued him from an ex girlfriend, he has been fascinated with my socks.  Fresh socks. Out of the dryer. Even if they are not warm. He buries himself in the sock pile and purrs and rubs them on him and just looks happy happy happy. Need a visual? Here you go.


Can you say bliss? I knew you could. 

I miss my boy so much. I want him to come home.  Really.


Really. How can you resist that face? My handsome little furry man. I come home everyday expecting him to be here. But he's not. (Imagine the sad sad face I have right now.)


On a happy note. I went to Beaverlodge last weekend to see Myrna and Elsa and Willie. As it turns out, her sister Sherry and hubby Ted was there too. Along with the kidlets, Anna and Wyatt. Oh. And the furry one, Lola. We were missing Jordyn though. She was visiting other family. We missed her a lot and made sure we called and chatted with her.  It was an awesome family weekend.


On a crappy note, I had no hot water Monday night. Turns out there was a leak in the boiler room. No biggie right?

Wrong.

Guess where the water leaked into?

That's right boys and girls. Into my apartment. Again. My closet floor was SOAKING wet. Again.

Because I have been through this before, I didn't have much on the floor to get wet and ruined. But, because the water seeped so far under the carpet and underlay, I had to lift my bed and move it out of the way. And have no room to lay it down. So I have no where to sleep until the carpet is dry and the experts come to fix it.

Thank God for Tasha! I am now staying with her for a couple of nights until my place is back to normal. I have no idea what I would do without her. Once again, she has saved me.


I have voiced how displeased I am about the continual flooding of my closet. Needless to say, there will be some compensation for this. Especially since this is not the first time it has happened. And not the first time I have mentioned to them that maybe they should do something in the boiler room so when a pipe does leak, because they do once in a while, rather then the water draining INTO my apartment, the water drains INTO the drain. What a radical idea!! Here is hoping they actually get it done this time.

Anyway, I am off to Tasha's for dinner and a sleep over on the couch.


Singin' in the rain



Dustin


2 comments:

  1. I hope he comes back soon. Maybe don't let him out, if he does come back. :( Do you just go home and feed the boys? Maybe he's been coming home, but no one was there to let him in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The window is always open. So he can come in whenever he wants. But nothing. No sign of him anywhere. Sad sad Dustin.

    ReplyDelete