Saturday, November 2, 2013

Living the dream....

Sorry about the long gap between posts. It has been a hectic month or so. So much going on!

I went to Edmonton at the end of September. I had another appointment with Dr. Warneke. Of course I stopped in Grande Prairie and spent the night with friends. New friends. K and J. I met them through Myrna. A couple of crazy newfies! But I love them anyway. If you remember, I was asked to speak with a young trans guy. That went well I think. He seems very well adjusted and informed on what is going on with himself. Oh how I wish I was that self aware at that age. I will keep tabs on him to make sure he is still doing OK.

While I was in Edmonton, I drove to my cousin's place. They were having a birthday party for their son. A pajama party. They did not know I was going to be there so it was a nice surprise. L looked at me and asked "What the f**k are you doing here?" It was awesome! Plus, that day was my actual birthday and I was very happy to spend it with family. My favorite cous was there as well and she brought me a piece of Guiness Ginger cake. OH EM GEE! It was SOOOOOO good! I also got to eat smoked bacon (Yes. I said smoked bacon. It was as yummy as you think it is.", snuggled with a cute blonde little sweetheart and had cuddles with a red headed little man. All in all, it was an awesome day.

I also met someone on PoF. Yes. There is Miss PoF. But we have had a very hard time connecting up again. And that is OK. We are friends and I am happy with that. The new woman I have met is amazing. Miss G is a little older then I am ( No. I am not going to tell you how old she is. ) She lives in Prince George. Our e mails and texts messages and Skype visits had been going so well, I decided to head down there on the long weekend.

It was an awesome visit! We had this immediate connection. We spent a lot of time talking and laughing. We had an Austin Powers marathon and she passed the test. She liked the movies. We also spent time in the hot tub. And playing with the dogs. All 5 of them. Yes. I said 5. 4 are hers and she is doggie sitting the 5th one. The dogs are very friendly and took to me right away. Except for 1. Miss Abby. She was very shy and stayed away for the first little while. After about a day and a half, Abby was almost crawling into my lap to get close to me. So I passed the puppy test.

Miss G also has 9 cats. Yes. I said 9. They all took to me. except 1. Mr Milo. He was a no show all weekend. But I am hoping he will come out of hiding so I can meet him too.

After I got home, I managed to stay for a few days, Then Tasha and I were off to Dawson Creek to see Loretta Lynn.


It was amazing! She put on a wonderful show. I really enjoyed it. When she walked out in a white sequined ball gown, I knew it was for real. It was everything you would expect from a an old time country music legend. Before the concert, I managed to amuse myself by watching people trip over the riser that was protecting the cables. Neon bright yellow tape all over it and a lot of people didn't see it. I admit, it probably wasn't very nice of me to laugh but I did. I couldn't help myself. The only part I didn't like was trying to get out of the parking lot afterwards. I think it took longer to get out of the lot then it did to drive home.

Then, a few nights later, Tasha and I were back in Dawson Creek to see the Dixie Chicks. Another amazing concert! Very high energy, lots of fun. I love the way they harmonize. Gives me chills. We were smart this time and left a little early. Before the big rush. Took no time at all to get out of the lot and get home.

Then the next night, I was off to Beaverlodge to spend the night with Myrna. I love Myrna. We talked and shared some laughs as we always do. In the morning, we had breakfast, she gave me a Mohawk haircut and I drove to Olds Alberta to see my Scuzzin.

So I have been here since Thursday night. And I am loving every minute of it! I so needed a Scuzzin hug. I need to see her and talk to her and just be with her. Yesterday, Scuz and Dave and I drove to Calgary for appointments. It was awesome they let me sit in on them. It reassured me a lot. To see her team and hear about the treatment plans. And to hear how well she is doing. I have always believed and known that Scuz
is a fighter and she will beat this stupid cancer. But it was still nice to hear it. Scuz and I then dropped Dave at the airport and went shopping. (Sorry Tasha. I know I usually go shopping with you.) We, well, Scuz, picked out a few shirts for me and I even picked up a vest I can wear with a few of my shirts. To you know, look a little dressier. We had dinner and drove home.

After a good night's sleep, we have been hanging out all day. We went to town real quick  and since we have been home, we have just been with each other. We talked about it once. Just being near each other is awesome, There is a comfort between us. No words are needed to fill the silence. I love her to the moon and back.

I have been watching it snow out the living room window and watching a little bird play in the snow filled branches. It does my soul good to be here.

A few hours later......

Scuz's parents are here. My aunt and uncle. We have had dinner and are now visiting. Though everyone is quite tired from the long drive. I thought I would pop downstairs real quick and finish my blog so I don't have to worry about it later.

I love my family. I really do. Even the other one. Who I will now refer to as A. We have started talking again. She sent me a text message on our birthday that said "Happy birthday Bro!" Totally amazed me. I called her briefly because I was on my to my cousin's place. Then I called her when i got home and we talked for 2 hours. I am very glad we have re connected. And to know she loves me and supports me. I think there was always a fear that she would reject me. I know I know. It might an unfounded fear but it was one I had anyway. We are taking it slow and not pushing it. Probably best after not speaking for 2 years or so. My niece is very happy we are talking again.

I guess that is about it. I, of course, forgot my bro codes at home so I will close out with a reminder that is it Movember. Though I am not able to grow a lot of facial hair, I am on the Change the Topic Movember team. You can find links to our team page and my own Movember page. Please visit and donate. The money is to promote mens health. It is for a good cause. I promise    Here is a link to my mo space. Check it out.

Cheers everyone.



  1. There's nothing to click on to find your Movember page. Fix it now!!! Or when you get home. Whatevs.

    1. You sound like you are doing amazing! Glad to see you happy dude.. Luv ya!! AJ