Tattoo

Tattoo

Monday, October 31, 2011

Today's blog is brought to you by.....

The words, HUNGOVER! Well, not today. But yesterday. And it was so well worth it.

I was in Dawson Creek for The coldest Pride in the country. Needless to say, It was a fantastic show and a great dance. I ran into some old friends and made a few new ones. I drank a lot, danced a lot and even managed to get a couple of phone numbers.

Yeah!! I know!!

Alas, at this point, it appears nothing will come out of having these numbers besides a couple of new friends but that's OK. I put myself out there and it felt pretty good. I figure you can't win them all. Not that I didn't try! I really did.

I think the best part was chatting with my friend,"J". She is amazing and I love her to death!! She gave me some awesome tips about becoming a drag king and being transgender. I would have loved to talk some more but the show and dance was going on then I was hungover,,,,,so it just wasn't the right time. But what she did tell me made complete sense to me. It felt like someone finally understood what I am going through. I feel that I have a mentor now. I feel like I can be braver and move forward with things now. I knew I had the support from the people around me but not someone I could ask questions to. Someone who has been there, done that. I think that is where my confidence Saturday came from.

Well, that and the double spiced rum and 7's. My God! Now I remember why I don't drink much or very often. It was awful! The headache that didn't quit then the upset tummy showed up. I did drink lots of water before bed. And I did take Tylenol. But it didn't really help. The only thing that seemed to make a difference was the Alka Seltzer. Amazing stuff!!

Back to my story. Even though I was shot down by two different women in the last two days, I still feel very up and very positive. I know that my lobster is out there. I just need to get out more myself. And I think with my new found confidence, I am ready to do that. I have to put myself out there if I am ever going to meet someone. And now that I am getting more and more comfortable with my body and mind, it should be a little easier for me.

Plus, the thought of moving has come up again. To a bigger place for a fresh start. Someplace where people don't know me as well. Then the changes I want to make won't seem so dramatic. I can be known as who I want to be known as rather then dealing with people who don't remember or refuse to acknowledge me as me.

I think that is all I want. To be seen as me. Not as some one's daughter or sister or aunt. Just as me. This is me. I am Yvette. I am dyke. I am transgender.

No comments:

Post a Comment